**UPDATE: At the bottom I’ve added a couple of other (cheaper) places that I’ve tried and tested.
I’ll keep this short and sweet – I learned about this place when I bought a Twangoo deal/voucher. I’ve been perming my eyelashes for 5-7 years now, because as an Asian person, my eyelashes are angled downwards, making me look squinty and tired. With permed eyelashes, my eyes pop open (I can’t think of a less cheesy way to describe it). Here’s an illustration of what I mean:
Why do I prefer perming as opposed to extensions?
- It’s less heavy on the eyelids.
- Eyelash extensions – it feels like something is poking my eye 24/7.
- They come off sporadically, not all at the same time. So you can have half your eyes with long curly lashes and then the other half bald-looking. Very attractive.
- Extensions are glued to your lashes, so when they fall out, so do your real lashes.
See the difference:
Anyway, I’ve been having to curl my eyelashes everyday with an eyelash curler, having tried to perm my lashes in HK before and failing miserably (the ones I tried weren’t good). But I can’t curl my eyelashes every single day, and even if I do, when it’s humid, they just go back to their original downward-angle. And when I swim or cry, gone again.
So here are the results of my one successful try in HK:
And finally, here are the details:
Name: Spa Beaute Par Zai [Canada – Hong Kong]
Location: 12/F Sea Bird House, 22-28 Wyndham Street, Central
Price: HK$500 (but I got a 50% off voucher)
- The location is great, right by the Central MTR station on Wyndham Street (close to Coach/MGM)
- It seems a little shady when you step in (the spa is old, apparently since 1975), but the service is really good
- It takes around an hour to perm your eyelashes (your eyes have to stay closed the whole time, but I put a really good playlist on to keep me company)
- What more can I say? The eyelash perm was really effective!
Happy eye-opening – literally!
**UPDATE: Other Salons in HK (Central) that offer Eyelash Perming at cheaper prices
Nail & Beauty
Li Yuen Street East, Central, No. 5, Hong Kong
Very convenient spot right by the MTR. However, I didn’t like it because it wasn’t ‘curled’ enough although my therapist sold it to me as a ‘natural’ look. It didn’t last very long and it wasn’t cheap either.
1/F Wellington Plaza, 56-58 Wellington Street, Central
Price: HK$180 for the first time, I think
They don’t speak English that well but you’ll have to try your best to explain clearly. I’m on my first week post-perming with them and so far I love the results! My eyelashes look longer and stay curled, no need to supplement with an eyelash curler.